Saturday, March 27, 2010

Groanings Too Deep for Words...

“Likewise the spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray as we ought, but the spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” Romans 8:26

Often times we miss the verse that precedes the most commonly quoted verse, Romans 8:28. While we know in our minds that the Lord is working all things for good, for those who love Him, it doesn’t mean that what is good in His eyes always feels good in our hearts. I think it is interesting that He reminds us before this verse that we have the Holy Spirit in us interceding for us when our hearts are too broken to even come up with words to pray. This verse has comforted me tremendously. I am at the point where I don’t even know what to pray for us. My heart just hurts and I can’t figure out what to think or pray.

Sometimes I feel like I am living out someone else’s story and I am going to wake up from all of this very soon.

Thank you Lord for all the friends and family that are supporting us through this.

No comments: