Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful for Ovary # Dos.

If you recall in my last post, revealing ovary #2, I said I wasn't sure why I was so excited or that it really changed anything about our situation.  Well I learned today that it does.  I am so humbled and thankful that God graciously gave me that other ovary.  Since I am missing everything else on that side, I am just blown away that I have my other ovary.  The ovary on the same side as my uterus is a lot smaller and isn't producing as many eggs as we had hoped.  It is only showing about 5 eggs right now.  The other ovary is much larger and has more eggs than the other one.  I think I would be really discouraged if we only had 5 eggs to work with and I am so thankful for the other ovary.  He is picking up the slack.  I keep thinking, God really didn't have to give me the other ovary, but He did!  And I am so glad.  Praising Him again today for ovary dos.

Looks like we only have about 2-3 days left of phase 2.  Then we move into retrieval and hopefully implantation.  Still praying for my heart to be prepared for the outcome.  It may or may not work and I must trust that God is working out His sovereign plan...whether it turns out how I had hoped or not.

I have also been very thankful for how the hormones have NOT impacted me.  I don't feel super emotional or anything.  I was terrified that I would be an emotional wreck.  Brad is also very thankful, I'm sure. haha. While the shots aren't the most fun, I am thankful that sleepiness has been the only side effect.

Our first Common Thread meeting went really well.  Thank you for praying for our meeting.  We had about 19 women show up and we know that there were several more that wanted to attend but couldn't make it this month.  It was a sweet time, filled with great encouragement.  We know that the Lord is at work and will continue to grow this ministry.  I am blown away by each and every email that appears in my inbox asking for more information on the group.  I guess the Lord wanted to make sure we were depending on Him for this ministry because it is growing like crazy already.  

Hope to post the CT video soon.  Signing off!!  Have a great weekend. :)

No comments: