Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm a Walking Pin Cushion


This stomach shot has to be a joke.  Actually, they're no joke… they are terrible and I’m not laughing.  They burn like CRAZY!  The mother of one of my best childhood friends came over (Stephanie Norvell, she’s a nurse)  to assist me with these shots because I thought maybe I did something wrong last night.  Nope, didn’t do anything wrong, they just kill.  It was so great to have her there as an encouragement and to give me my shot, because honestly, I am not into giving myself this one.  It’s Brad’s turn tomorrow.  Booo on these.  Hopefully only 12 more of this kind left.  I am running out of room on my belly of a pin- cushion.

We will get through this, day by day.  Shot by shot.  I know there are thousands of women all over the nation doing these shots every day just like me.  The burning only lasts about 10 seconds and hopefully it’s all for a little treasure that will be worth every single shot.  

2 comments:

The Whites said...

We are SO PROUD of YOU!!
You are in our thoughts and prayers all the time my sweet friend.

Chandler said...

Sharlie...they are the WORST!! The first time Adam gave me one, I passed out but that's probably because I am a wimp. I hope you know that I pray for you often. I know I haven't said much but I just want to be sensitive to you as I remember being at a very similar place. Trusting that He is able to immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine...

Believing in His miracle for you.
Chandler