Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Tenacious Ten

We just found out today that we have an appointment for Saturday at 9:30 am.  This is the day referred to as the "transfer."  What that means is they will be putting one of the embryos back in on Saturday.

The Bakers Dozen has turned into the Tenacious Ten.  We got our embryo report this morning and were told that we had 10 embryos that were successfully growing right now.  I was so excited and did exclaim,
"Yayyyyyyy!" to the doctor on the phone.  He might start to question my age if I am not careful.  :)  My friend Tiffany told me that once they tell you how many you have growing, you automatically feel ownership and feel like you just gained a bunch of children over night.  She was right, I DO feel that way.  I feel like all ten of my kids are in the hospital and I need to go visit them.  I feel like I should be holding their hands or checking in on them.  Pretty wild.

I also have been so overwhelmed by the thought that God knew each and every one of them before they came into existence.  "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." Jer. 1:5a  He knows which embryos will or will not make it.  He knows each of them.  They are all in His hands.  I love that He already knows how many we will have come Saturday and exactly which ones will make it through.  What an amazing God we serve.

Thank you for your prayers.  Please pray that the transfer goes smoothly and the Lord would prepare my HEART and my womb.

No comments: