Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Welcome, Peyton Potter!




Our dear friends, Kristen and Ryan, gave birth to their precious baby girl yesterday morning. She is beautiful and perfect in every way. It was really awesome to finally meet her! I also loved getting to see our friends instantly turn into parents. It is crazy how that happens. We are so thankful we were able to share in this joyful time with them. Welcome precious, Peyton.

Brad and I had a great appointment with the fertility doctors yesterday. It was very informative and we both feel like we were able to wrap our minds around the different processes a little more. It was a lot to take in, but I think we survived. Overall, it went really well. Our next step is to meet with the high risk docs and get their thoughts. We are continuing in the research stage. :)

I have an incredible highlight to share with you all as well. I got to meet my sister-in-law's future mother-in-law, Beth. I shared earlier that she also has one kidney and a unicornuate uterus. I finally got to meet her! How crazy is it that I got to meet someone with the same exact thing as me and she is actually about to become part of our family. It did so much good for my soul to meet her. It immediately made me feel so much less alone in this journey. Just her hug brought me so much comfort. We both teared up when we hugged and held hands for a moment, for once I knew someone else's tears carried the same EXACT heartache as mine. Our hearts were immediately connected. I will probably never meet another person that has the same exact thing that I do. She even said to me that her kidney is much larger than everyone else's and I was like, "ME TOO!" God didn't have to do that, but He blessed me so much by allowing me to meet her this week. It was perfect timing. John's mom was able to carry John full-term...so I know that God can use this little uterus of mine and stretch it full-term if He wants to. I needed that little flicker of hope this week. So thank you, Lord, for giving me the opportunity to meet her this week. And thank you for bringing her into our lives.

So... Hannah's Hope...I think I am in love. When we got home from having dinner at our in-laws I checked the front porch and found two packages. One package was for one of the books I ordered and the other was a new pair of shoes I had shipped from the Nine West Outlet. What more could you ask for? A good book and a new pair of shoes. I'd say that is the perfect way to end the day. I immediately ripped open both packages, put on my new shoes and started reading. I was hooked. I feel like the author is in my brain recording my very thoughts. Poor thing, haha. I walked down the hallway...reading... turned on the shower and continued reading while the shower got hot...forced myself to stop reading so that I didn't waste anymore water than I already had. Then walked from the bathroom while reading, stopped long enough to brush my teeth and read til I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer. Prepare to see many quotes on here from my new friend, Jennifer Saake. This book is just what I needed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There's a website too! I haven't read that book yet but I should soon.

http://www.hannah.org/

Sharlieharby said...

Thanks, Sherry! I will have to check out the website. :) You should definitely get this book. It looks like it might be a quick read so you could actually just borrow mine when I am finished. It is also a good book for friends of someone going through infertility. Friends and family are addressed at the end of each chapter...like on exactly how to be supportive. Love it!