Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Precious Cargo

We successfully had a frozen embryo transfered yesterday.  They didn't get us in until about 3:30 pm even though my appointment was at 1:45 pm.  I think they were a little behind. ha.  They never are, so we didn't mind at all except for the fact that my bladder was about to BURST!  When you go in for a transfer they have you drink 16 ounces of water an hour before your appointment.  A full bladder forces your uterus to lie flat.  Last time, if you remember, I had to drink 48 ounces of water to make my uterus lie down. SO this time, I drank 24 ounces an hour before my appointment, just to be one step ahead.  Needless to say, 2 hours and 45 minutes later...I couldn't wait any longer.   They eventually got me in and we are very thankful that our embryo thawed well and was ready for the transfer.  There is some risk that it won't survive the thaw and we aren't taking the fact that it made it through that phase for granted. Miracle #8 in the process.

The procedure went great.  The doctor and nurse staff were especially chatty, so it wasn't uncomfortable at all.  Who thought you could sort of have a good time during a procedure like this?

I stayed in bed most of yesterday and this morning/early afternoon.  Brad was a fantastic nurse as always.  Making sure I actually stayed in bed. :)  Hard for me to do.  I was much more relaxed about it this time.  Even though they said that you could sit up to eat last time, I ate my first meal horizontal on the couch last round.  This time I did sit up to eat!  And even moved my resting location a few times.

Thank you sweet friends for the delicious meal, sweet notes, texts, calls, and special delivery treats.  They all brought us great comfort and encouragement.

Please continue to pray for baby Harby.  I know we ask for a lot of prayers.  Thank you for giving them so generously.  Please also keep the women in our Common Thread ministry in your prayers also.  I am not alone on this roller coaster ride for sure and we have a few women that received God's answer of, "Not yet," today.  My heart is beyond heavy for them.  I know this heartache all too well and am deeply saddened for them.  I am thankful that God has provided a way for us to walk through this together.

Just wanted to give you a quick update.  Ps- thanks for all the eye makeup remover suggestions.  I can't wait to give one a spin!

Hugs.

No comments: