Monday, October 1, 2012

Self Talk

As many of you already know, we lost another pregnancy.  We now have six little ones who rest with our Lord and King.  It will be the dang Brady Bunch when Brad and I get to heaven!   I am still processing and grieving the baby lost, pregnancy in itself, and motherhood.  Maybe I can find words for all of that some day soon.  Until then I am fighting to speak truth to myself.  I dug up some old counseling materials from my time with Michele.  I was encouraged again by these words to seek truth though God's word, so that I can get back in right thinking about our circumstances. I hope it encourages you where ever He has you.

"The point is we found our happiness and contentedness in the relationship, not in our circumstances.

The same principle applies but on a much grander scale when we know God well and consider the kind of person Who is in our circumstances with us.  This was the attitude of the prophets and the apostles.  Though they faced persecution and adversity, they were amazingly joyful and content because of what they experienced in their relationship with God Himself.  The is the divine intention for all of us.

We must learn to interpret our experiences by what we know about God through His Word instead of interpreting what God is like by our experiences.  If we do not ground our belief about the nature of God and His disposition to us in the Scriptures, we will reject much of what He says about Himself when we face difficulty." Tracking : The Way Down."

The Lord gave me this passage right before we got our "no."



"Arise, O LORD! Confront him, subdue him!
Deliver my soul from the wicked by your sword,
from men by your hand, O LORD,
from men of the world whose portion is in this life.
You fill their womb with treasure;
they are satisfied with children,
and they leave their abundance to their infants.
As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness;
when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness."
(Psalm 17:13-15 ESV)

Lord, may I be content with you growing us up in you and shaping us to your likeness.  It's my prayer that I would get there.

No comments: