Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Keeping Us on Our Knees


 Well we got incredible news Tuesday.  I went in for blood work yesterday to see if the embryo took or not.  I gave them Brad’s phone number because I wanted to hear the news from him, rather than one of the nurses and then be home the rest of the afternoon by myself.  I knew he was leaving work to come home and give me the news after they called him, but I expected him to come through the garage door.  I was sitting at the kitchen table doing my bible study and TRYING to focus when the doorbell rang.  When I got to the door I saw Brad there with flowers.  I thought, “Oh no, sympathy flowers.”  When I opened the door he opened his suit jacket and he had a t-shirt on (that he made  in the K-Mart parking lot, haha) and it had a huge plus sign on it with the word, “Yes!”  My blood work came back positive!  I think I immediately jumped on Brad and we both shared a moment of unforgettable elation. After I cried a bit, my whole body went numb and all I could say is, "Is this real?" We are thankful for our evening of joy and excitement.  It is not very often that we get positive news, so we ran with it and soaked it up as much as possible.

We were very aware that it is REALLY early to be announcing to the world that we got a positive result.  But we knew we had so many people praying for us and we wanted everyone to know how to continue to pray.  And you all deserved to hear how God answered your prayers.

I called the doctor’s office to get more information since they mentioned to Brad that my numbers were low.  They put me on estrogen patches and had me continue the progesterone shots to help boost my numbers.  When I talked to the nurse today she said my HCG hormone levels were at 29 yesterday.  She said they call that the “Cautiously Optimistic” category.  Hmm.   She said they get more comfortable when it is over 100.  The goal is for my numbers to double and triple every two days.  They are redoing my blood work tomorrow and should be able to tell a little better if the pregnancy is progressing or not.   I was obviously discouraged.  She said, “I have seen numbers lower than that make it to a sustained pregnancy.”  I think she meant that to be encouraging.

I’m trying to stay positive and be thankful that we now know I can get pregnant.  But there is the obvious possibility that it may not be in the Lord’s plan for this baby to make it.  We are thankful the glimmer of hope and encouragement that we have through this little life inside of me.  I am finding courage in that God has known since the beginning of time whether this child of His would make it to a life outside of my womb.  “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.”  Jeremiah 1:5

Here are the verses I am clinging to and am asking you to pray for us:

“I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.” Job 42:2

“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he TRUSTS in you.  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.”  Isaiah 26:3-4

“He is not afraid of bad news, his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.”  Psalm 112:7

“…being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 1:6

We are so thankful for the ways that you have all lifted us up and covered us in prayer.  We are begging you to keep the prayers coming. 

It is so crazy that his little life is only 16 days old and is already a boy or girl and has its complete DNA makeup.  I am in complete awe.  We are just praying that we get to meet this precious little gift.  

I am anxious about tomorrow.  I know Brad and I don’t deserve to keep this baby and we are not equipped to raise one of His treasures, but we are praying that He would graciously give us the opportunity to honor Him through parenting this little one.

Much love.  Please be on your knees for baby Harby. J

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

We are on our knees for your family.

Unknown said...

Sharlie! This is fantastic news!! Please let us know how the blood work went today!!! Our whole group is praying for you..and sending hugs your way!