Monday, August 6, 2012

Transfer Successful


I wanted to take a quick moment to note and praise God for our last transfer.   Going into the procedure, my body and my heart were calm.  Fearful of reentering this part of our life, yes, where I have great potential to grieve a loss, but calm.  I was perfectly content not having any emotional turmoil in my life.  Brad and I were in a really good place...and happy leaving the dust settled. :)  I think the calm spirit was three fold.   For one,  I think I have grown quite accustomed to the sterile, white walls, the big over head lights, the hospital bed that tilts to a 45 degree angle, the robe that I tie in a million knots for my last attempt to maintain any modesty, and my lovely hair cap.  I was so excited about the new eggplant purple blankets they have in the transfer room.  They are such a beautiful contrast to the white walls.  When I pointed out the new blankets to my nurse she just looked at me and said, " Okay, I think you are here a little too much."  You are telling me.    Secondly,  I think God has done such a work in my heart and has loosened my grip on my desire to have a family.  I can expound on that in a later post.  And lastly,  there were lots of people praying for me...I know it and I felt it.


You may know already know this, I certainly didn't before a few yers ago, but the uterus hangs out behind the bladder.   Along, with my other unusual organ structures, I have been blessed with an extra large bladder.  I thought growing up that I was just highly trained by my military father to not stop for bathroom breaks on road trips.  Little did I know I just had extra storage. Haha.  When transferring an embryo, they have you drink 16-20 ounces of water to make the uterus lie down horizontally.  I had to drink 68 ounces before my bladder was full enough to force my uterus to level out.  My doctor was able to easily and quickly transfer one precious little embryo.    I couldn't believe it.  The dilatation surgery helped significanlty, okay and maybe the valium did too.   I am still in awe of how smoothly the the whole procedure went for me.  As, you all know, that is not my usual experience with transfers.  After it was all said and done, I held 68 ounces of water for 2.5 hours.  Like a champ. Let's just say I was glad to get up this time, instead of wanting to lie down for as long as possible, thinking,  "The longer I am horizontal the more likely the embryo is to stick."  I was ready!


Prepping my shot and drinking my first 20 ounces.  Multitasking at its best!

I am just so thankful for the Lord's presence that day and  in recent days.  We lost one embryo during the thaw. Heaven has one more angel.  I can't wait to meet and hold him or her someday in heaven.  


We sang this in church today and my eyes welled up with tears. "Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me Let me be singing when the evening comes.'


 Matt Redman
"10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord)"


[Chorus]
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name


The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes


[Chorus]


You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

[Chorus]

And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore

[Chorus x2]
Jesus, I'll worship Your holy name
Lord, I'll worship Your holy name

Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name
Jesus, I'll worship Your holy name
I'll worship Your holy name



2 comments:

Katy said...

Hooray! :) LOOOOVE that song! So glad it's been a comfort to you, my friend.

Chandler said...

Sharlie, you're one amazing lady! You're in my prayers often...I ache for you to have your desires met by the Lord. Thank you for authentically sharing your heart through out your journey...I'm inspired by you.