Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things About Summer...

Yesterday I got to experience some of my favorite things... and all of them are the sweet taste of the beginning of summer.  I turned my Pandora station to Jason Aldean, right after I wrapped up a tutoring session and got to work on cutting one of the sweetest, most yummy watermelons yet.  AND I only paid $2.75 for it, so that's a bonus (a treasure from my new favorite produce "stand").  Yum!

                         #1 Now, can't you just taste summer when you look at this watermelon?

#2 Fresh cut hydrangeas from the back yard. They pretty much make my heart smile. 

#3 Home grown heirloom maters. Divine!

#4 Homemade guac using things grown in the back yard. If you plant a jalepeno
plant, you are forced to make guac at least 2 times a week.  I highly recommend it.

#5 Catching Blue Claw Crabs off the dock.

#6 Having friends to catch and eat the crabs with at 10 pm. :)

I do realize that four of the six items are food...I swear they are all linked back to an actual hobby of mine or Brad's. :)  Watermelon...finding fun, local places to shop.  Hydrangeas...plants and yard stuff. Maters...gardening. Guac...more gardening. Crabs...fishing.  Friends...well they are also a hobby of mine. I like people, just a little. :)

Just a fun, light-hearted post.  Maybe some deep thinking will occur as I am stuffing my face with all this summer yumminess.  Now if only my basil and parsley would kick it into gear so I can make pesto and tabouleh!

3 comments:

AT said...

Oh lovely summer! If only it weren't so hot where I live in the summer! So, I am a UU too and have been reading your blog for a while...not to muddy your summer post with talk of IVF, but I was reading through your re-cap and was wondering, since you've had several miscarriages, if you've had any immunilogical testing done? I've had several IVFs too and am yet to even get a + test, but I did immunological testing and will be trying an intralipid infusion this time to see if that helps. Just a thought. I hope we both get our little babies one day soon!

Sharlieharby said...

Love, Love, Love the name of your blog! I wish it didn't describe both of us, but it is quite clever. We have to laugh a little don't we? When we left the doc today, I asked my husband what he was going to do with his little unicorn? haha. I have never heard of the intralipid infusion. I googled it of course and am definitely intrigued. I am calling our doc tomorrow to ask about it. He was saying today that he wasn't sure why the embryos aren't implanting. I have no other signs of anything keeping it from happening, accept for that it may just not be God's timing for it to happen. Otherwise, there are no other signs of anything else. Thank you so much for sharing that information. I am so interested to learn more. I pray that you and I will be holding a sweet babe some time very soon!! Will be following the Lopsided Lady so I can keep up with your journey!! Thanks again for speaking up.

Katy said...

Ooooh! This all looks so delicious! :-) Thanks for posting some FUN summer pics...they're all so colorful. PS, I am SUPER encouraged by your gardening skills!